Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Illustration of Egyptian Queen Nefertiti; personal project. Vector illustration I did in Adobe illustrator. This is one of the illustrations from the serial "Remarkable Queens of ancient Egypt". Hope you like it :D In this post I will write about my pipeline while working on this vector illustration. I hope it can be of any help to other creative artists :D


Different stages of production; 

A)  rough sketch drawings from my sketchbook; defining the pose, line of action, symmetry...
B) detailed drawing with rapidographs (I use uni PIN fine line water and fade proof pigment ink )...
C) detailed contour line vectored and traced in Adobe illustrator with small corrections of details...
D) rough fill in color; defining the color palette and color contrast...
E) coloring of the contour line; I usually use a bit darker color...
F) light & shadows; detailed coloring with final touches... Illustration is finished !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment